Ways to get into the spring spirit


Spring is one of my favorite times! I love to open my window for the first time since September, and watching the sun come out earlier and going down later. But currently, we're all stuck inside, so most of the spring things we're used to doing like going for long walks in the sunshine with our friends, or celebrating Easter with our family, we are unable to do. So this list will hopefully get you into the spirit of spring!

1. Do Some Baking

From cookies to cakes baking is one of my favorite ways to get into the spring spirit. You can make some sugar cookies and decorate them with pastel icing, or bake a lemon or carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and decorate them with eggies my favorite Easter treat!


2. Craft

This one is super fun! You can felt or knit. Last year my mom and I found a pattern to knit little egg decorations, it was so cute! If you have styrofoam eggs you can felt on them with pretty egg designs, you could also actually dye some eggs and put them out around your room! You can also needle-felt some Waldorf inspired fairies, which I really enjoy doing!

3.Wear Bright Colors

This one might not be for everyone but I find that wearing bright lighter pastels makes me happy!  This is also a good time to go through your closet and get rid of any clothes that don't fit you or you just don't like, I especially enjoy the Kon Marie method, in which to keep only what sparks joy! You can also put away any of your winter clothes and take out your summer clothes!

4. Read Spring Classics

There are so many books that we have read since I was a baby, that we still own and I still enjoy reading. Books like Peter Rabit or other Beatrix Potter books, some Brambly Hedge, all of these books are so sweet and I really enjoy reading them.

5.Clean Your Bedroom

We've all been staying in our bedroom more than we usually do, so it's probably starting to look a little messy, this is a perfect time to do a good spring clean! I did this last week and really enjoyed it, I know cleaning is, not for everyone, but it will make your space a lot better. I took down my curtains and cleaned all my sheets blankets, my pillow covers... everything! I moved my bed aside to vacuum, and the amount of dust...ew! I also took that time to go through all my stuff under my bed, and I have to say it feels a lot lighter in there!

6. Get Outside

If you have a backyard or a trail nearby with fewer people, go and take a walk it will not only feel good to have the sun on your face, but it will also get you moving!

7. Get in Touch With Relatives And Old Friends

Now is a good time to catch up with all those people you want to! Whether it's your great grandparents or your old neighbor, it's always good to talk!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mermaid swimming

Hello!

What I've been up to!